Apple Breakfast Bars
Soft, Sweet & Nutritious
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oats or quinoa flakes
- 1/3 cup almond flour or 3 TBSPs coconut flour
- 2/3 cup dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup of fresh pressed apple
(If store bought, use the no sugar added apple juice.)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups apples, shredded
(You can also do a 50/50 blend of shredded apple and carrot or apple and zucchini. Additionally, you can use the pulp of the juiced apples if juicing your own.)
- Chop the dates and walnuts.
- Shred the apple and carrots or zucchini.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Oil a 8x8” baking dish.
- Combine all of the ingredients.
- Let Stand 10 minutes.
- Press mixture into an oiled 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake until lightly browned (about 25 minutes).
- Loosen with spatula and cut into bars while still warm.
- Serve hot for breakfast.
Freeze Apple Breakfast Bars very well once cooled.