Grain-Free Sandwich Bread
Great texture & taste
- 1 cup smooth raw cashew butter at room temperature
- 4 large eggs-Separated
- 1/2 to 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- For a white colored loaf, place a small dish of water on the bottom rack.
- Line the bottom of an 8.5x4.5 glass loaf pan with parchment paper, then spread a very thin coating of coconut oil on the sides of the pan.
- Beat the cashew butter with the egg yolks, and then add the honey, vinegar, and milk.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until peaks form.
- Combine the dry ingredients in another small bowl.
- Make sure your oven is completely preheated before adding the egg whites and the dry ingredients to the cashew butter mixture (you don't want your whites to fall) and the baking soda will activate once it hits the eggs and vinegar.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and beat until combined.
- Pour the beaten egg whites into the cashew butter mixture, beating again until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, then immediately put it into the oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- (Don't be tempted to open the oven door anytime before 40 minutes, as this will allow steam to escape and you will not get a properly risen loaf.)
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Use a knife to free the sides from the loaf pan, then flip it upside down and release the loaf onto a Cooling rack.
- Cool right-side up for an hour before serving.
- Wrap the loaf tightly and store in the fridge for one week.